[Numpy-discussion] Continuous Integration

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:17:00 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
> 01.05.2012 11:14, David Froger kirjoitti:
>> Excerpts from Travis Oliphant's message of mar. mai 01 01:39:26 +0200 2012:
>> > If you have particular reasons why we should choose a particular CI service,
>> > please speak up and let your voice be heard.  There is still time to
> make
>> > a difference in what we are setting up.
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> What about  buildbot? (http://trac.buildbot.net/)
>>
>> I'm using it currently,  and like it  because is GPL 2,  configuration files are
>> powerful Python scripts, and development team is active and dynamic.
>
> We're currently using it: http://buildbot.scipy.org
> Although, it hasn't been building automatically for some time now.
>
> It has the following shortcomings:
>
> - Apparently, for one master instance, only one project.

We're building 4 github projects with one buildbot process, and one
master.cfg script, but maybe that's not what you meant?

http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/builders

> - Last time I looked, Git integration was poor. Maybe this has
>  improved since...

Our projects use git pollers polling github repos.   We did run into
random occasional builds stalling at the git update step, but I
believe that has been fixed with the latest release.

Best,

Matthew