[Numpy-discussion] Issue Tracking

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Tue May 1 18:08:14 EDT 2012

01.05.2012 21:34, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:
[clip]
> The main problem with Github (besides the issues/PRs thing and no
> attachments, which I can live with) is that to make it work we'll have
> to religiously label everything. And because users aren't allowed to
> attach labels, it will require a larger time investment from
> maintainers. Are we okay with that? If everyone else is and we can
> distribute this task, it's fine with me.

I think this is probably not a very big deal, as long as there is a way
of seeing the "inbox" of unlabeled bugs, and as long as the tracker
sends mail about new bugs. The rate at which tickets are reported to us
is at the moment not too that big. Triaging them will probably boil down
to a five minutes of brainless work every second week, or so.

> David has been investigating bug trackers long before me, and Pauli has
> done most of the work administering Trac as far as I know, so I'd like
> to at least hear their preferences too before we make a decision. Then I
> hope we can move this along quickly, because any choice will be a huge
> improvement over the current situation.

One big plus with Github compared to Redmine et al. is that someone else
(TM) hosts it. One thing less to think about.

Apart from the attachments issue, I don't have very big quibbles with
the GH issue tracker.

	Pauli