[Numpy-discussion] Issue Tracking

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:27:19 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe searching issues and pull requests is ok.
> The problem is that in statsmodels we did a lot of commits without
> pull requests, and I'm not very good searching in git either.
> (I don't remember which change I looked for but I got lost for half an
> hour searching for a change with git and github until I had to ask
> Skipper, who found it immediately.)
>
> What I was used to is integrated search without extra work, like this
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/search?q=mannwhitney
> and I had pretty much all the discussion to the history of a function.

Ah, I see: the point was really the ability to search into the commit
history directly through the web UI.  Indeed, I'd never thought of
that b/c I simply use the git machinery at the command-line for
everything.  But I can see how that Trac search box, with the ability
to selectively tick on/off searching into commits, bugs, etc, could be
very useful.

Cheers,