[Numpy-discussion] Issue Tracking

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Tue May 1 21:35:41 EDT 2012

On 5/1/12 7:24 PM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> I would agree that a good search facility is essential, and not
> keyword/tag based. I've found some trac tickets with google on occasion,
> although not by initial intent.

I use google to search the sage trac these days, using a shortcut to
limit search results to the Sage trac site.

To do this in Chrome, go to Preferences, then Basics, then Manage Search
Engines.  Down at the bottom, I fill in the three fields for a new
search engine:

Name: trac

Keyword: t

Then whenever I want to search trac, I just type "t " (t space) in the
URL bar of Chrome, then type whatever I'm searching for.  Google almost
always pulls up the right ticket in the top few hits.  And it's way
faster than the trac search.

Thanks,

Jason