[Numpy-discussion] Test failures - which dependencies am I missing?

Chris Ball ceball at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:59:58 EDT 2012

Chris Ball <ceball <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Keith Hughitt <keith.hughitt <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > Try "sudo apt-get build-dep python-numpy" to install the dependencies for
> > building NumPy. I believe it will install all of the optional dependencies
> > as well.
>
> Thanks for that, but I'd already tried it and found the same failures.
>
> However, I also found that on my version of Ubuntu (10.04 LTS), which includes
> NumPy 1.3.0, running "numpy.test(verbose=3)" yielded the following:

(Above, "numpy" is the Ubuntu-supplied numpy in case that wasn't clear.)

> nose.config: INFO: Excluding tests matching
['f2py_ext','f2py_f90_ext','gen_ext',
> 'pyrex_ext', 'swig_ext', 'array_from_pyobj']

I've discovered that numpy itself explicitly excludes these tests (in
numpy/testing/nosetester.py):

    # Stuff to exclude from tests. These are from numpy.distutils
    excludes = ['f2py_ext',
                'f2py_f90_ext',
                'gen_ext',
                'pyrex_ext',