[Numpy-discussion] Issue Tracking

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sat May 5 22:50:37 EDT 2012

On Saturday, May 5, 2012, Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> 05.05.2012 22:53, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:
> [clip]
> >     would be great to get it done by end of June.    To Charles' list
> >     and Ralf's suggestions, I would add setting up a server that can
> >     relay pull requests to the mailing list.
> >
> > Don't know if you saw this, but it looks like Pauli is pretty far along
> > in fixing this problem:
> >
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/49551/focus=49744
>
> The only thing missing is really only the server configuration ---
> new.scipy.org could in principle do that, but its mail system seems to
> be configured so that it cannot send mail to the MLs. So, someone with
> roots on the machine needs to step up.
>
>        Pauli

Just a quick lesson from matplotlib's migration of sourceforge bugs to
github issues. Darren Dale did an excellent job with only a few hitches.
The key one is that *every* issue migrated spawns a new email. This got old
very fast. Second, because Darren did the migration, he became author for
every single issue. He then got every single status change of every issue
that we triaged the following few weeks.

 We don't hear much from Darren these days... I suspect the men in the
white coats took him away...

Ben Root