[Numpy-discussion] Extension types repository

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun May 6 12:05:53 EDT 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io>wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Travis
>>
>> --
>> Travis Oliphant
>> (on a mobile)
>> 512-826-7480
>>

>> On May 5, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Tom Aldcroft volunteered to bring quaternions into numpy. The proposal is
>> to set up a separate repository under the numpy name on github, npydtypes
>> or some such, and bring in Martin Ling's quaternion extension dtype as a
>> start. Other extension types that would reside in the repository would be
>> the simple rational type, and perhaps some specialized astronomical time
>> types. So here is the proposal.
>>
>> +1
>

>>    1. Make Tom a member of the numpy organization on github.
>>
>> Would need a new team to be set up too. Travis is the only one who can do
> that.

Yes, looks like Travis needs to create the new repository and add at least
one core team member, who can then add others. I'd suggest
numpy-extension-dtypes for the repository name, Tom is on github as
taldcroft.

Travis, it might be a good idea to add one more person with ownership
permissions as a backup if that is possible.

Chuck