[Numpy-discussion] Missing data wrap-up and request for comments

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri May 11 02:12:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Scott Sinclair
<scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having thought about it, a page on the website isn't a bad idea. I've
> added a note pointing to this discussion. The document now appears at
> http://numpy.scipy.org/NA-overview.html

Why not have a separate repo for neps/discussion docs?  That way,
people can be added to the team as they need to edit them and removed
when done, and it's separate from the main site itself.  The site can
simply have a link to this set of documents, which can be built,
tracked, separately and cleanly.  We have more or less that setup with
ipython for the site and docs:

- main site page that points to the doc builds:
http://ipython.org/documentation.html
- doc builds on a secondary site:
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/index.html

This seems to me like the best way to separate the main web team
(assuming we'll have a nice website for numpy one day) from the team
that will edit documents of nep/discussion type.  I imagine the web
team will be fairly stable, where as the team for these docs will have
people coming and going.

Just a thought...  As usual, crib anything you find useful from our setup.

Cheers,