[Numpy-discussion] Missing data wrap-up and request for comments

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Fri May 11 02:44:13 EDT 2012

On 11 May 2012 08:12, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Scott Sinclair
> <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Having thought about it, a page on the website isn't a bad idea. I've
>> added a note pointing to this discussion. The document now appears at
>> http://numpy.scipy.org/NA-overview.html
>
> Why not have a separate repo for neps/discussion docs?  That way,
> people can be added to the team as they need to edit them and removed
> when done, and it's separate from the main site itself.  The site can
> simply have a link to this set of documents, which can be built,
> tracked, separately and cleanly.  We have more or less that setup with
> ipython for the site and docs:
>
> - main site page that points to the doc builds:
> http://ipython.org/documentation.html
> - doc builds on a secondary site:
> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/index.html

That's pretty much how things already work. The documentation is in
the main source tree and built docs end up at http://docs.scipy.org.
NEPs live at https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/master/doc/neps, but
don't get published outside of the source tree and there's no
"preferred" place for discussion documents.

> (assuming we'll have a nice website for numpy one day)

Ha ha ha ;-) Thanks for the thoughts and prodding.

Cheers,
Scott