[Numpy-discussion] Missing data wrap-up and request for comments

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:13:25 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Scott Sinclair
<scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's pretty much how things already work. The documentation is in
> the main source tree and built docs end up at http://docs.scipy.org.
> NEPs live at https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/master/doc/neps, but
> don't get published outside of the source tree and there's no
> "preferred" place for discussion documents.

No, b/c that means that for someone to be able to push to a NEP,
they'd have to get commit rights to the main numpy source code repo.
The whole point of what I'm suggesting is to isolate the NEP repo so
that commit rights can be given for it with minimal thought, whenever
pretty much anyone says they're going to work on a NEP.

Obviously today anyone can do that and submit a PR against the main
repo, but that raises the PR review burden for said repo.  And that
burden is something that we should strive to keep as low as possible,
so those key people (the team with commit rights to the main repo) can
focus their limited resources on reviewing code PRs.

I'm simply suggesting a way to spread the load as much as possible, so
that the team with commit rights on the main repo isn't a bottleneck
on other tasks.

Cheers,