[Numpy-discussion] CEP 1001 - Custom PyTypeObject extensions

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Fri May 11 09:27:39 EDT 2012

This comes from a refactor of the work on CEP 1000: It's a pre-PEP with
a hack we can use *today*, that allows 3rd party libraries to agree on
extensions to the PyTypeObject structure.

http://wiki.cython.org/enhancements/cep1001

As hinted in my other recent thread, I believe this will also be good
medicine as NumPy moves forward, so that we stop worrying about
"ndarray" vs. C extensions, and rather talk about which PyTypeObject
extensions are supported.

Technical discussion about this on the Cython list please.

Dag