[Numpy-discussion] Checking for views (was: Should arr.diagonal() return a copy or aview?)

Larsen, Brian A balarsen at lanl.gov
Thu May 24 13:07:37 EDT 2012

This is the stack overflow discussion mentioned.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9164269/can-you-tell-if-an-array-is-a-view-of-another

I basically implemented the answer from SO.  I feel like the "is" gives you a good handle on things since to be true they are actually the same location in memory.

Brian