[Numpy-discussion] .max(0) on reshaped array returns inconsistent results.

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Fri May 25 13:30:46 EDT 2012

25.05.2012 13:46, Thouis (Ray) Jones kirjoitti:
> I'm seeing some strange behavior from .max() on a reshaped array in
> the current master, and wanted to raise it here to make sure it's not
> something uniquely broken in my setup.
>
> This code fails for me, though changing the context (adding a counter
> to the loop, or running under "python -i") sometimes prevents it from
> failing.  This code doesn't fail under 1.6.2.

Try using "git bisect" to find the the first failing commit:

1. git bisect start master v1.6.2

2. Rebuild, and run test

3. Pick one of the following according to the result:

   git bisect good   # test OK
   git bisect bad    # test fails with this error
   git bisect skip   # doesn't build, or some other error

4. Goto 2, until Git tells you what's the first bad commit.

Abort with "git bisect reset".

If you are on unix, the following rig can help automate this:
https://github.com/pv/scipy-build-makefile

--
Pauli Virtanen