[Numpy-discussion] [enhancement] sum_angle() and sum_polar()

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Mon May 28 13:58:26 EDT 2012

I didn't see anyone respond to this, but looking over his simple and elegant solution it seems like a useful addition to the 2-d functions available in NumPy as it works with any 2-d array (image or matrix) and does a transformation on the indices in order to organize the sum.

It is not a general-purpose interpolating approach where the 2-d array is viewed as samples of an underlying continuous function.

Are their other thoughts?

-Travis