[Numpy-discussion] testing with amd libm/acml

Dag Sverre Seljebotn d.s.seljebotn at astro.uio.no
Thu Nov 8 07:41:45 EST 2012

On 11/07/2012 08:41 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> Would you expect numexpr without MKL to give a significant boost?

If you need higher performance than what numexpr can give without using
MKL, you could look at code such as this:

https://github.com/herumi/fmath/blob/master/fmath.hpp#L480

But that means going to C (e.g., by wrapping that function in Cython).
Pay attention to what range you evaluate the function in though (my eyes
may deceive me but it seems that the test program only test for
arguments drawn from the standard Gaussian which is a bit limited..)

Dag Sverre