[Numpy-discussion] 1.7.0 release

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:34:36 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
> > Here is a list of issues that need to be fixed before the release:
> >
> > https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?milestone=3&state=open
> >
> > If anyone wants to help, we just need to get through them and submit a
> > PR for each, or close it if it doesn't apply anymore.
> > This is what I am doing now.
>
> Ok, I went over all the issues, closed fixed issues and sent PRs for about
> 6 issues. Just go to the link above to see them all (or go to issues and
> click on "NumPy 1.7" milestone) and left comments on most issues.
>
> Most of the minor problems are fixed. There are only 3 big issues that
> need to be fixed so I set them "priority high":
>

> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?labels=priority%3A+high&milestone=3&page=1&state=open
>
> in particular:
>
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/568
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/2668
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/606
>
> after that I think we should be good to go. If you have some spare
> cycles, just concentrate on these 3.
>
> Ondrej

Hi all,

Having looked at the README.txt and INSTALL.txt files on the
branch, I see no mention of which Python 3.x versions are supported:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/maintenance/1.7.x/README.txt
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/maintenance/1.7.x/INSTALL.txt

Is NumPy 1.7 intended to support Python 3.3?

My impression from this thread is probably yes:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2012-July/063483.html
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2012-August/063597.html

If so, then under Windows (32 bit at least) where the Python.org
provided Python 3.3 is compiled with MSCV 2010 there are some
problems - see: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2726
Should an issue be filed for this?

Thanks,

Peter