[Numpy-discussion] ANN: WinPython v2.7.3.0

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 02:52:06 EDT 2012

Hi Pierre,

first I'd like to congratulate you on a product which seems to finally solve all the problems I have at work regarding python scripting. A portable, fully featured python distribution is indeed very useful.

One question though: Is there a way to run winpython's IPython under cygwin, without a separate window popping up? Just setting the PATH doesn't quite cut it, unfortunately. I'm interested because cygwin doesn't come with many science oriented python packages at all.

Cheers
Paul