[Numpy-discussion] Issue tracking

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:23:29 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io>wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2012, at 9:58 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Thouis (Ray) Jones <thouis at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> crossrefs.

> >> I just updated the cross-issue-references to use github rather than
> >> Trac id numbers.  Stupidly, I may have accidentally removed comments
> >> that were added in the last few days to  issues moved from trac to
> >> github.  Hopefully not, or at least not many.
> >>
> >> It's probably a good idea to turn off Trac, soon, to keep too many new
> >> bugs from needing to be ported, and old bugs being commented on.  The
> >> latter is more of a pain to deal with.
> >
> > I will look into making the NumPy trac read-only. It should not be too
> > complicated to extend Pauli's code to redirect the tickets part to
> > github issues.
> >
> > Have we decided what to do with the wiki content ?
> >

> I believe there is a wiki dump command in trac wiki.   We should put that
> content linked off the numpy pages at github.

Please don't do that. Most of the content is either links to what was
already moved into the numpy git repo, or very outdated stuff.

I see at least two better options:
- just leave the wiki pages as is, make them read only and add a clear
warning "outdated" at the top.
- move the rest of the useful content into the git repo, remove the rest

Ralf