[Numpy-discussion] Please stop bottom posting!!

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 19:53:06 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Doug Coleman <doug.coleman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I swear by a mouse with an unlockable scroll wheel. Scroll to your heart's
> content!
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G500-Programmable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002J9GDXI
>

> Also, gmail "bottom-posts" by default. It's transparent to gmail users. I'd
> imagine they are some of the biggest offenders.

gmail also doesn't show the old messages, only the most recent reply, so there
is no scrolling for me (most of the time).

The main advantage of inline and bottom posting for me is when I reread
a thread, especially long ones, after several years.

It's much easier to follow than reading from bottom to top without
inline context.
(R mailing lists)

Josef