[Numpy-discussion] Adding gufuncs

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:39:28 EDT 2013

There is a pull request <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/3220>for work
adding linear algebra support as generalized ufuncs. The result is that
many of the linear algebra routines can now be applied to stacks of
matrices. Another new feature is support for float32 versions of the
routines. Some work has also gone into porting the current linalg package
to use the new routines.

The work isn't finished, the new and old libraries {blas, lapack}_lite
libraries should probably be united and the error handling could maybe use
more polish, but I'm inclined to put the PR in at this point. Although some
things may break, I think it needs to be out there to gather feedback and
testing.

Thoughts?

Chuck