[Numpy-discussion] MapIter api

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Mon Apr 15 12:29:14 EDT 2013

Hey,

the MapIter API has only been made public in master right? So it is no
problem at all to change at least the mapiter struct, right?

I got annoyed at all those special cases that make things difficult to
get an idea where to put i.e. to fix the boolean array-like stuff. So
actually started rewriting it (and I already got one big function that
does all index preparation -- ok it is untested but its basically
there).

I would guess it is not really a big problem even if it was public for
longer, since you shouldn't do those direct struct access probably? But
just checking.

Since I got the test which mimics complex indexes in the tests, I thinks
it should actually be feasible to do bigger refactoring there without
having to worry too much about breaking things.

Regards,

Sebastian