[Numpy-discussion] datetime64 1970 issue

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:42:53 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Sebastian Berg
<sebastian at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-04-17 at 09:07 -0700, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
>> <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
>> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Zachary Ploskey <zploskey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'd say we need some more unit-tests!
>>
>> speaking of which, where are the tests? I just did a quick poke at
>> github, and found:
>>
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/master/numpy/testing
>> and
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/master/numpy/test
>>
>> but there's very little in there.
>>

> The datetime is implemented in the core, so the tests are here:
>
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/numpy/core/tests/test_datetime.py

I wonder if the problem has something to do with these functions here:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/numpy/core/src/multiarray/datetime_strings.c#L189

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/numpy/core/src/multiarray/datetime_strings.c#L265

Ondrej