[Numpy-discussion] 1.8 release

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 29 15:12:26 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Charles R Harris <
charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be good to get the utc-everywhere fix for datetime64 in there if
>>> someone has time to look into it.
>>>
>>> +1
>>
>> I've been on vacation, so haven't written up the various notes and
>> comments as a NEP  yet -- I'll try to do that soon. There are some larger
>> proposals in the mix, which I doubt could be done by 1.8, but we really
>> should fix the "utc-everywhere" issue ASAP. I think it will be pretty easy
>> to do, but someone still needs to do it...
>>

> Is there a issue for this?

no -- I don't think so -- just a bunch of discussion on the list. I was
starting down the path of a "proper" NEP, etc, but I think that:

a) Datetime64 is still "officially" experimental, so we can change things
more rapidly than we might otherwise.

b) It's really pretty broken as it is.

I'll see if I can open an issue for the "easy" fix.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov