[Numpy-discussion] Do I Still Have to Edit intelcompiler.py For ICC?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 17:12:48 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Will Buckner <wbuckner at beatsmusic.com>wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I normally build and install packages with pip, as I like to keep my
> toolchain up to date with new releases, etc. I was happy to find out both
> numpy and scipy will honor a ~/.numpy-site.cfg, but, since I need to build
> with the Intel compilers, I have to supply --compiler and --fcompiler. Is
> there any way to just do this in site config?

Hi Will, I don't think you can do that in site.cfg. All sections that are
recognized in site.cfg are listed in get_info() in
numpy/distutils/system_info.py. Compilers have to be specified on the
command line. Maybe pip has a way to supply that info but I've never
bothered to look for it - python setup.py .... works just as well.

Ralf