[Numpy-discussion] Upcoming 1.8 release.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:21:47 EDT 2013

I don't see any that *have* to go in, but there are a few that could be
included. The most significant is probably the inplace fancy indexing if it
is ready. The nanmean etc. functions are not committed yet, but I think
they are ready. If the Polynomial import fixes show up, they can go in.
There are the usual janitorial things,  the release notes need some clean
up, the docs need merging, and the HOWTO_RELEASE document needs updating.

For datetime64, I think a comment should be added to the release notes that
it is still experimental and that changes are expected in 1.9. Hopefully
the next release will come out next spring.

I think we are also about ready for a 1.7.2 release.