[Numpy-discussion] Deprecate boolean math operators?

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 23:05:32 EST 2013

For + and * (and thus `dot`), this will "fix" something that is not broken.
It is in fact in conformance with a large literature on boolean arrays
and boolean matrices.  That not everyone pays attention to this literature
does not constitute a reason to break the extant, correct behavior.

I'm sure I cannot be the only one who has for years taught students
about Boolean matrices using NumPy, because of this correct behavior
of this dtype. (By correct, I mean in conformance with the literature.)

Alan Isaac