[Numpy-discussion] request for help

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 14:54:12 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM, janani padmanabhan <aspire.janani at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello
> Hearty greetings
> I am a novice who is extremely interested in contributing to NumPy
> opensource community. How and where do I start?
> Thanking you

Hi Janani, welcome!

Here is a description on the mechanics on contributing (setting up a dev
environment, using git/Github, etc.):
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy-dev/dev/. And this text gives some more
background on what kind of things you can contribute and what's expected in
terms of code quality, testing etc. (for scipy, but applies also to numpy):
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/HACKING.rst.txt.

Here are some issues labeled easy-fix, if you'd like to try out the
workflow on something relatively straightforward to start with:
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues?labels=Easy+Fix&page=1&state=open

Cheers,
Ralf