[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:59:21 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> related:
>>> Is there any chance to get newer mingw or mingw-w64 support "soonish"?
>>
>> The problem has no solution until we can restrict support to windows 7
>> and above. Otherwise, any acceptable solution would require user to be
>> an admin.
>
> The installer is built with this VM/scripts:

I am not sure whether you're replying to my observation or just giving
a status update: with mingw-w64 (or recent mingw), the built installer
will depend on several .dll (libgcc_s_sjil.dll) that we can't easily
distribute. The only place we can realistically put them is in
C:\Python$VERSION (or wherever python happens to be installed), and I
think it is a very bad idea to install dll from NumPy there. In
Windows 2008 and above, one can refer in .pyd where to look for dlls
in another directory which is private to numpy.

David