[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Jonathan T. Niehof jniehof at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 5 09:03:48 EST 2013

On 02/04/2013 06:09 PM, Matthew Brett wrote:

> The problem with not providing these binaries is that they are at the
> bottom of everyone's stack, so a delay in numpy holds everyone back.

OTOH, so far it's been an *excellent* excuse for those of us further up
the stack not to make a 64-bit binary. It sounds like we're completely
out of luck on 64-bit Windows with free tools? So the rest of the
community is going to face shelling out for compiler licenses as well?

--
Jonathan Niehof
ISR-3 Space Data Systems

Phone: 505-667-9595
email: jniehof at lanl.gov

Correspondence /
Technical data or Software Publicly Available