[Numpy-discussion] Issues to fix for 1.7.0rc2.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 02:41:23 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Jason Grout <jason-sage at creativetrax.com>wrote:

> On 2/6/13 12:46 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> > if we decide to do so
>
> I should mention that we don't really depend on either behavior (we
> probably should have a better doctest testing for an array of None
> values anyway), but we noticed the oddity and thought we ought to
> mention it.  So it doesn't matter to us which way the decision goes.

More Python craziness

In [6]: print None or 0
0

In [7]: print 0 or None
None

Numpy any is consistent with python when considered as logical_or.reduce

In [13]: print array([0, None]).any()
None

In [14]: print array([None, 0]).any()
0

This appears to be an __ror__, __or__ inconsistency in python. Note that
None possesses neither of those operators.

Chuck