[Numpy-discussion] How to upload to pypi

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 00:49:21 EST 2013

Hi,

I have uploaded the NumPy 1.7.0 source distribution to pypi:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy/1.7.0

I did it by uploading the file PKG-INFO from numpy-1.7.0.tar.gz. It
said "Error processing form. Form Failure; reset form submission"
about 3x times,
but on the 4th try it went through. I reported the issue here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3604194&group_id=66150&atid=513504

I then attached the numpy-1.7.0.tar.gz and numpy-1.7.0.zip source files.

Now I am having trouble attaching the windows installers, just like
they are here:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpy/1.6.2

but whenever I upload the file
numpy-1.7.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe (and set it as "MS Windows
installer"),
it uploads and then I get a blank page with the text:

"""
Error processing form

invalid distribution file
"""

That's it.... Not very useful. Do you know if the sources of pypi are
somewhere online? (I didn't find them, only a similar package
https://github.com/schmir/pypiserver, but that doesn't seem to be it.)
Anyway, so I at least reported the bug here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3604193&group_id=66150&atid=513504

Finally, should we try to upload the Windows installers to pypi at all?
I am probably doing something wrong if I am hitting these pypi bugs.

Many thanks,
Ondrej