[Numpy-discussion] Windows, blas, atlas and dlls

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Feb 18 12:48:37 EST 2013

18.02.2013 19:20, Dag Sverre Seljebotn kirjoitti:
> On 02/18/2013 05:29 PM, rif wrote:
>> But I'd hope that the overhead for going through the wrappers is
>> constant, rather than dependent on the size, so that for large matrices
>> you'd get essentially equivalent performance?
>
> That is correct.
>
> Ah, so then the quality of the BLAS matters much less in this situation.
>
> But if you have a code that is used with either many small or fewer
> large matrices, then a compiled loop over a good BLAS is a good
> compromise without splitting up the code paths.

I'm open to suggestions on providing low-level Cython interface to BLAS
and LAPACK in scipy.linalg. I think this is possible with Cython --- we
already have scipy.interpolate talking to scipy.spatial, so why not also
3rd party modules.

Pull requests are accepted --- there are several interesting Cython
BLAS/LAPACK projects though.

--
Pauli Virtanen