[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy 1.6.2 for Python 3.3 on Windows

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:09:53 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM, klo <klonuo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run `python3 setup.py config` and then
>
>   python3 setup.py build --compiler=mingw32
>
> but it picks that I have MSVC 10 and complains about manifests.
> Why, or even better, how to compile with available MinGW compilers?

I reported this issue/bug to the mailing list recently as part of
a discussion with Ralf which lead to various fixes being made
to get NumPy to compile with either mingw32 or MSCV 10.

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2012-November/064454.html

My workaround is to change the default compiler for Python 3,
by creating C:\Python33\Lib\distutils\distutils.cfg containing:

[build]
compiler=mingw32

Peter