[Numpy-discussion] Casting Bug or a "Feature"?

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:43:22 EST 2013

Thanks, everyone for chiming in.  Now that I know this behavior exists, I
can explicitly prevent it in my code. However, it would be nice if a
warning or something was generated to alert users about the inconsistency
between var += ... and var = var + ...

Patrick

---
Patrick Marsh
Ph.D. Candidate / Liaison to the HWT
School of Meteorology / University of Oklahoma
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
National Severe Storms Laboratory
http://www.patricktmarsh.com