[Numpy-discussion] Matrix Expontial for differenr t.

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Mon Jan 28 12:24:57 EST 2013

Hi,
Le 28/01/2013 18:14, Till Stensitzki a écrit :
> On way would be just use cython, but i think this problem
> common enough to have a solution into scipy.
> (Solution of a simple compartment model.)
I see the solution you propose as a specialized ODE solver for linear
systems.

Then, what about using a general purpose ODE ? I guess there would be
some integration errors as opposed to the exact integration method but
errors bounds should be manageable. Maybe the performance would be
increased thanks to ODE solvers being already written in C or Fortran?
(At this point, please note that I'm handwaving a lot !)

Best,
Pierre