[Numpy-discussion] f2py and setup.py how can I specify where the .so file goes?

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:26:19 EDT 2013

Hi Scott, thanks for your help.
On 12 July 2013 10:02, Scott Sinclair <scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com> wrote:

> Something like the following should work... [...]

Your suggestion works like what I already had. The issue is that the .so
created by the Extension is copied to copying
<blah/blah>/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
and not to
<blah/blah>/lib/python2.7/site-packages/my_pack

As it is, Python finds it with no problems (as site-packages is in the
PYTHONPATH), but I'm worried that that might not be the case with all
possible setups. But maybe that's the way it's suppossed to work.

Thanks!
Jose