[Numpy-discussion] restricting object arrays to a single Python type

Anthony Scopatz scopatz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 19:51:58 EDT 2013

Hi Geoffrey,

Not to toot my own horn here too much, but you really should have a look at
xdress (http://xdress.org/ and https://github.com/xdress/xdress).  XDress
will generate a wrapper of the Force class for you and then also create a
custom numpy dtype for this class.  In this way, you could get exactly what
you want.

If you run into any trouble, let me know and I'll be sure to help you out!
 This is the kind of thing that xdress is *supposed* to do so bugs here are
a big priority for me personally =)

Be Well
Anthony