[Numpy-discussion] fresh performance hits: numpy.linalg.pinv >30% slowdown

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Mon Jul 22 13:43:56 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko <lists at onerussian.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 2013, Benjamin Root wrote:
> >      At some point I hope to tune up the report with an option of
> viewing the
> >      plot using e.g. nvd3 JS so it could be easier to pin point/analyze
> >      interactively.
> >    shameless plug... the soon-to-be-finalized matplotlib-1.3 has a WebAgg
> >    backend that allows for interactivity.
>
> "that's just sick!"
>
> do you know about any motion in python-sphinx world on supporting it?
>
> is there any demo page you would recommend to assess what to expect
> supported in upcoming webagg?

Oldie but goodie:
http://mdboom.github.io/blog/2012/10/11/matplotlib-in-the-browser-its-coming/
Official Announcement:
http://matplotlib.org/1.3.0/users/whats_new.html#webagg-backend

Note, this is different than what is now available in IPython Notebook (it
isn't really interactive there). As for what is supported, just about
everything you can do normally, can be done in WebAgg. I have no clue about
sphinx-level support.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Cheers!
Ben Root