[Numpy-discussion] add .H attribute?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Jul 24 11:02:52 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> The point isn't that there's code that relies specifically on .T
> returning a view. It's that to be a good programmer, you need to *know
> whether* it returns a view -- exactly as you say in the second
> paragraph. And a library should not hide these kinds of details.

After listening to the arguments by yourself and Dag, I think I buy
into the idea that we should hold off on this until we have ufunc
views or something similar implemented.

Also, if we split off the matrix package, we can give other people who
really care about that (perhaps Alan is interested?) ownership, and
let them run with it (I mainly use ndarrays myself).

Stéfan