[Numpy-discussion] unit tests / developing numpy (Pauli Virtanen)

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jul 25 13:49:33 EDT 2013

25.07.2013 20:15, Graeme B. Bell kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I agree that may be what runtests.py is intended to do, but it is
 > unfortunately not what it actually does in its default configuration,
 > at least on my computer. I got burned by this a few nights ago.

That is interesting, as it has worked for me on all configurations.

You can check under 'build/testenv/' --- does your Python version by
chance install it to a `lib64` directory instead of `lib`?

(i)

What does

import os
from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib
get_python_lib(prefix=os.path.abspath('build/testenv'))

report? Is there a 'numpy' directory below the reported directory after
running runtests.py?

(ii)

Start a fresh Python interpreter and run

import sys
print sys.modules.get('numpy')

(Note: no "import numpy" above). Does it print `None` or something else?

--
Pauli Virtanen