[Numpy-discussion] Generating special polynomials (Chebyshev, Hermite etc.)

Kumar Appaiah a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in
Sat Jun 15 00:44:37 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 12:29:11AM -0400, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> I now see that the polynomial structure is intended to be "rich", as
> opposed to the naïve function that I proposed. In the least, though,
> the documentation could reflect the example you gave me. I could send
> a patch that adds an example for each of the polynomial types in the
> documentation, much like yours, if that would be useful.

Upon checking the latest numpy documentation, I found a hint for this
here:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/routines.polynomials.classes.html#other-polynomial-constructors

The documentation, when read as a whole, looks clear. I was
complaining earlier because I was referring to pre-1.7 documentation,
and hadn't familiarized myself with the new polynomial interface as
well.

Sorry for the noise. I'll bother you the list again if I run into
additional trouble.

Thanks!

Kumar
--