[Numpy-discussion] polyfit with fixed points

David Pine djpine at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:50:34 EST 2013

Jaime,

If you are going to work on this, you should also take a look at the recent
thread
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-February/065649.html,
which is about the weighting function, which is in a confused state in the
current version of polyfit.  By the way, Numerical Recipes has a nice
discussion both about fixing parameters and about weighting the data in
different ways in polynomial least squares fitting.

David