[Numpy-discussion] Help trying to fix issue 368 on Github (math functions fail confusingly on long integers (and object arrays generally))

Dan Blanchard dan.blanchard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:41:25 EST 2013

Hi,

I've been trying to take a crack at fixing
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/368, and I think I've identified all
of the affected functions and even a potential fix, but I'm new to the
Python C API and the numpy source, so if anyone has time to look at the
discussion on Github and chime in with suggestions, I'd be glad to help
finish getting this patched up.  It is currently very frustrating that many
of the math functions do not work with longs.

Thanks,
Dan