[Numpy-discussion] Adopt Mersenne Twister 64bit?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:24:41 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I talked to you about 100 years ago about sharing state between numpy
> rng and code I have in c++ that wraps boost::random.  So is there a C-api for
> this RandomState object I could use to call from c++?  Maybe I could do
> something with that.

There is not one currently. Cython has provisions for sharing such
low-level access to other Cython extensions, but I'm not sure how well
it works for exporting data pointers and function pointers to general
C/++ code. We could probably package the necessities into a struct and
export a pointer to it via a PyCapsule.

--
Robert Kern