[Numpy-discussion] ANN: matplotlib 1.2.1 release

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Wed Mar 27 08:51:11 EDT 2013

I'm pleased to announce the release of matplotlib 1.2.1.  This is a bug
release and improves stability and quality over the 1.2.0 release from
four months ago.  All users on 1.2.0 are encouraged to upgrade.

Since github no longer provides download hosting, our tarballs and
binaries are back on SourceForge, and we have a master index of
downloads here:

http://matplotlib.org/downloads <http://matplotlib.org/downloads.html>

Highlights include:

- Usage of deprecated APIs in matplotlib are now displayed by default on
all Python versions
- Agg backend: Cleaner rendering of rectilinear lines when snapping to
pixel boundaries, and fixes rendering bugs when using clip paths
- Python 3: Fixes a number of missed Python 3 compatibility problems
- Histograms and stacked histograms have a number of important bugfixes
- Compatibility with more 3rd-party TrueType fonts
- SVG backend: Image support in SVG output is consistent with other backends
- Qt backend: Fixes leaking of window objects in Qt backend
- hexbin with a log scale now works correctly
- autoscaling works better on 3D plots
- ...and numerous others.

Enjoy!  As always, there are number of good ways to get help with
matplotlib listed on the homepage at http://matplotlib.org/ and I thank
everyone for their continued support of this project.

Mike Droettboom