[Numpy-discussion] GSoC : Performance parity between numpy arrays and Python scalars

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:49:26 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:

> Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris <at> gmail.com> writes:
> [clip]
> > * Did you notice this line on the requirements page? "Having your
> > first pull request merged before the GSoC application deadline (May 3)
> > is required for your application to be accepted."
> >
> > Where is that last requirement? It seems out of line to me.
> > Arink now has a pull request, but it looks intrusive enough
> > and needs enough work that I don't think we can just put it in.
>
> Well, we wrote so here:
>
>     http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/wiki/SummerofCodeIdeas
>
> but that's maybe just a mistake -- PSF states exactly the opposite:
>
>     http://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/ApplicationTemplate2013

It wasn't a mistake - the part of a PR process that is most interesting in
the context of evaluating GSoC applications is the dialogue and how the
submitter deals with feedback.

I forgot to add on that page (although I think it was in one of my emails)
that the patch shouldn't be completely trivial - fixing a typo doesn't
really tell us all that much. But in this case Chuck's suggestion on the PR
of how to get something merged looks fine.

Cheers,
Ralf