[Numpy-discussion] www.scipy.org down?

KACVINSKY Tom Tom.KACVINSKY at 3ds.com
Thu May 9 10:25:09 EDT 2013

Unfortunately, the Mac OS downloads won't work for us as they install into the system Python.  We have a custom built Python (2.7.3) so I compiled from source.  I noticed a few things:

1.  The modules compiled from C source have an extension of .so, not .dylib
2.  I installed nose so I could run the numpy tests, but 0 tests ran.
3.  I configured numpy to use MKL as per the instructions on Intel's site, but the build still used the Accelerate framework provided by Apple.

Given all of this, whom do I speak to regarding numpy builds on Mac OS?

Thanks,

Tom