[Numpy-discussion] printing array in tabular form

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Fri May 10 05:42:46 EDT 2013

On 10/05/2013 11:14, Sudheer Joseph wrote:

> However writing a formatted out put looks to be bit tricky with
> python relative to other programing languages.

> I was looking for a format statement likw write(*,"(A,5F8.3)")

Before denigrating a programming language I would make sure to have a
basic understanding of it.  Every language is going to be tricky if you
approach it with the mindset of Fortran programming.

The output format you are trying to obtain is easy in forrtran because
it is how the default text output formatting is designed.  Of course
obtaining it with a different programming language / numerical library
takes some more effort. But is not tricky at all.

Cheers,
Daniele