[Numpy-discussion] stdint.h

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu May 23 18:44:44 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just seeking some info here. The file stdint.h was part of the C99 standard
> and has types for integers of specified width and thus could be used to
> simplify some of the numpy configuration. I'm curious as to which compilers
> might be a problem and what folks think of that possibility.

MSVC 2008, which is the (still!) the standard compiler for Python <=
2.7, does not include that header. Newer MSVC versions do.

However, I'm a big fan of stdint.h, so I think it should be used. I'll
bet we can find a header file for MSVC 2008 that could be included
with numpy.

(OK -- not bet much, but worth looking for!)

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov