[Numpy-discussion] NumPy sprints at Scipy 2013, Austin: call for topics and hands to help

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat May 25 10:23:25 EDT 2013

Hi there,

I agreed to help organising NumPy sprints during the scipy 2013
conference in Austin.

As some of you may know, Stéfan and me will present a tutorial on
NumPy C code, so if we do our job correctly, we should have a few new
people ready to help out during the sprints.

It would be good to:
  - have some focus topics for improvements
  - know who is going to be there at the sprint to work on things
and/or help newcomers

Things I'd like to work on myself is looking into splitting things
from multiarray, think about a better internal API for dtype
registration/hooks (with the goal to remove any date dtype hardcoding
in both multiarray and ufunc machinery), but I am sure others have
more interesting ideas :)

thanks,
David